Feb 24, 2009

Networking tip: sad news and a suggestion.

Michael Hughes, THE Networking Guru wrote

Dear Friends

I received a message Friday morning that one of my mentors, who also is a good friend, passed away. This is a man who has had a huge influence in my life. In fact, the scope of his support is only now, with the benefit of hindsight, becoming evident to me.


While reflecting on our time together (which now seems so short), I am acutely aware that his involvement with me transcended professional courtesy or business mentorship.
His was an on-going example of unconditional love.

While sad about his passing, I am comforted in the knowledge that the last few times we were together, I made it a point of acknowledging the contribution he had made to my life. Remembering those conversations is making it easier for me.

This week's tip:
There are people in your life who have, or who are now, making a significant contribution to your success. Likely they are a select few. Make it a point to meet with each, look her/him in the eyes and acknowledge their help and support. I'm glad I did.

Now, go work your network.

Networking Group Database Update - Over 600 groups. Introducing the updated and expanded Networking For Results Networking Group Database.

This unique resource now has online search capability. Add your favorite networking group and supply comments so others will appreciate the value it contains. The most comprehensive listing of business-related networking groups anywhere.
Access The database NOW as an NFR Network member.
PLEASE NOTE: this database is for networking groups and organizations, not for companies or individuals.

Art Business How to Increase Your Online Traffic (And Keep Everyone on Your Site Longer) | Andrea Scafidi

Custom illustration by Samantha Scafidi Art Business [Update] We all know that art is a visual medium, but can Google and other sear...